I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blogger Award, and of all my accolades, it’s my favorite (and most accurate) to date. The evidence is mounting: I’m a very important woman. I even have a castle now—I just have to get the damn neighborhood kids to stop jumping in it. Yes, I know these awards are given out like antidepressants, but they still feel wonderful (like antidepressants). And since I let everything else go to my fat, inflated head… why break precedent?
In order to qualify for the award, I have to fill out the following:
Rule 1: Acknowledge the person who nominated you
The lovely Laura, at As Time Goes…Buy, nominated me for the award. She apparently gets a kick out of my crazies. Thank you Laura. If I lived in Australia, I’d be your shopping buddy.
Rule 2: Share 7 things about yourself
- Despite being every bit a child of the 80s as either Corey, I still haven’t seen St. Elmo’s Fire, License To Drive or Porky’s.
- I can’t stand the music of Bruce Springsteen. Yes, I live in America. Rich, I’m so sorry.
- My body can survive on Cap’n Crunch longer than any mortal should be able to endure. (Fun fact: a steady diet of it turns your poop hot green.)
- I sang in the church choir growing up, and can recite The Hymnal by heart.
- 36 DD. Happy birthday, world.
- The first “real” meal I ever cooked was coq-au-vin when I was 10.
- My middle name is Louise. It’s a family name and I despise it. Call me “Weezy” and I’ll reach through your monitor for the stabbings of your thorax.
Rule 3: Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award
I’m not going to explain why I picked these blogs other than I read and love each one:
- A Clown on Fire
- Good2begone’s Blog
- Someone Fat Happened
- Seattle Foodshed
- Gemini Girl in a Random World
- Flavorful World
- Black Box Warnings
- She Kept a Parrot
- The Confluent Kitchen
- Our Painted World
- The Unorthodox Epicure
TWTG says, “I pulled this out of my ass. My ass-flavored food is the best.”