RSS Feed

Famous Again

For me? Yep.

I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blogger Award, and of all my accolades, it’s my favorite (and most accurate) to date. The evidence is mounting: I’m a very important woman. I even have a castle now—I just have to get the damn neighborhood kids to stop jumping in it. Yes, I know these awards are given out like antidepressants, but they still feel wonderful (like antidepressants). And since I let everything else go to my fat, inflated head… why break precedent?

In order to qualify for the award, I have to fill out the following:

Rule 1: Acknowledge the person who nominated you

The lovely Laura, at As Time Goes…Buy, nominated me for the award. She apparently gets a kick out of my crazies. Thank you Laura. If I lived in Australia, I’d be your shopping buddy.

Rule 2: Share 7 things about yourself

1. Despite being every bit a child of the 80s as either Corey, I still haven’t seen St. Elmo’s Fire, License To Drive or Porky’s.
  2. I can’t stand the music of Bruce Springsteen. Yes, I live in America. Rich, I’m so sorry.
  3. My body can survive on Cap’n Crunch longer than any mortal should be able to endure. (Fun fact: a steady diet of it turns your poop hot green.)
  4. I sang in the church choir growing up, and can recite The Hymnal by heart.
  5. 36 DD. Happy birthday, world.
  6. The first “real” meal I ever cooked was coq-au-vin when I was 10.
  7. My middle name is Louise. It’s a family name and I despise it. Call me “Weezy” and I’ll reach through your monitor for the stabbings of your thorax.

Rule 3: Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award

I’m not going to explain why I picked these blogs other than I read and love each one:

1. A Clown on Fire
  10. Black Box Warnings
  11. She Kept a Parrot
  12. The Confluent Kitchen
  13. Our Painted World
  14. The Unorthodox Epicure
  15. ChefsOpinion

TWTG says, “I pulled this out of my ass. My ass-flavored food is the best.”

About these ads

17 responses »

1. TWTG,
    First off, congrats. Your blog is one that I read systematically each time you post, if I’m not busy catering to the fucking never ending needs of my kids. So when you go to bed tonight, just think about that, your ego will thank you.
    As for the awards, I am quite excited to decline it. Thank you. I am working on a new page on A Clown on Fire: Awards I have Declined. Yes m’am, I am.
    Le Clown

• Le Clown –

Daily you give me a run for my money regarding who has a bigger ego. I’m not sure you and I should ever occupy the same space as we’d leave not breathable air for the rest of our party.

TWTG

2. Dear TWTG,

Thanks for the sweet shout out. If I, like you, were a 36DD I wouldn’t need anything else. Not even an award. Since I’m NOT a 36DD I sincerely appreciate you including me on your list. Actually, I’d appreciate it either way.

I’m now going to try on my bra and cry.

Holla!
    GG

• You probably don’t want to hear that currently I’m spilling out of the DD (due to my new found smoke free fatness). I refuse to buy new bras, I guess because that would mean I’m accepting the weight gain.

3. Thanks Kim! Us DD girls have to stick together :) And now you have given me something to write about! And while you’re feeling so charitable, you can stop slapping my ass in Friends with Words!

4. Ah, thank you. If you were a fettuccini, you’d be done al dente.

Feelin’ high!

5. You soooo deserve this!
    Yes I love your crazies and if you lived in Australia you would be my shopping and drinking buddy! :)
    Cheers, (literally)
    Laura

• You are a doll. Someday I’ll make the trip. It’s just a damn long flight. I hear I have a distant cousin that married one of the Billabong guys. She must have a great house :)

• It is a long flight, you could always break it up with a couple days in Hawaii each direction! Or just take a good strong antihistamine, put the ear plugs in and the eye mask on and sleep. :) Cour distant cousin probably has a fantastic beach front property worth squillions. You may have to chase her up!

• No kidding. (BTW I fly with cocktails and xanax. Or if one is that long a sleeping pill. Night night.)

• Sounds like a good way to fly!
        I love to travel but am not fond of flying, so a couple of drinks are a must! :)

6. You know….I scanned this post yesterday as I was feverishly trying to nominate for the other ones I got. I didn’t include you since you just received this one. Lesson learned. Thank you very much for the nomination. I will update my post to complete the trifecta and add a few more facts. Another day without pants it seems….😁

7. Neither St. Elmo’s Fire or License To Drive…. really?!!!

xo,